Any of our on-site training courses can be customized to address your specific areas of interest – tailored for the beginner or advanced audience and specialty.
Since musculoskeletal ultrasound relies on a deep knowledge of anatomy, all of our courses include an extensive review of anatomy and pathology, with direct visualization of anatomical structures for ultrasonographic scanning excellence and optimal understanding of images. You will also review basic physics, knobology, and probe manipulation, and you will learn proven protocols for every region of the body including specific patient and probe positioning.
All of our training programs are hands-on and include needle-guided injection protocols.
Our intermediate and advanced training programs may include a cadaver lab and you may also have the opportunity to practice on healthy models.
MSKUS On-site Training and Regional Workshops
AUDIENCE: Our courses will be of interest to physicians in the fields related to the musculoskeletal system, sonographers, and those who wish to learn more about this advancing field.
CONTENT: Our two-day and three-day regional workshops and hands-on training programs are designed to expand your knowledge in the field of musculoskeletal ultrasound including needle-guided injections. You will learn the latest advancements in examination protocols and gain improved interpretive skills to immediately put into your practice.
You will be able to:
- Gain familiarity with the anatomy of the extremities
- Understand machine knobology
- Recognize artifacts produced by ultrasound
- Master probe manipulation and image standards
- Identify common sites of pathology
- Evaluate the muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves and surrounding soft tissue
- Demonstrate the dynamic examinations of tendons and joints
- Become familiar with ultrasound guided interventional techniques
- Gain experience with various ultrasound machines